Saturday 25 April 2009

Access to all!

Don't forget that the London College of Fashion and the University of the Arts London, in general, offers a wealth of free exhibitions and talks.

Here's a few up and comings events you might be interested in!

6pm, Tuesday 12 May 2009 Mirrors, magic and multiplication: early twentieth century fashion shows Caroline Evans, Professor of Fashion History & Theory, Central Saint Martins School of Art & Design

6pm, Tuesday 19 May 2009 Gwen Loves Vivienne Janice Miller, Lecturer in Cultural Historical Studies, London College of Fashion

6pm, Tuesday 26 May 2009 Fashion & Celebrity Pamela Church-Gibson, Reader in Cultural Historical Studies, London College of Fashion Venue: Conference Room, The Innovation Centre (off Proctor Street, opposite Red Lion Square, tube: Holborn), Central Saint Martins School of Art & Design
To book a space or for further information email m.widerberg@fashion.arts.ac.uk

I'll be at the one on the 26th of May!! And if you think I'm all study and no play - sadly it's Saturday night so hence having a moment to post and petit garcon and I are sitting down to Britain's Got Talent!!

6 comments:

Lisamaree said...

Kate< I can't go to any of these.

So I will just tell you I watched the middle hour* of The Last Emperor tonight and thought of you constantly. What a capsule of fashion!

Can you tell me - how much did it influence contemporary fashion when it was released?

xx

*First hour clashed with Hell's Kitchen, last hour interupted by small people who won't sleep!

Ella Gregory said...

Interesting. I may have to check some of these out.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-Thanks for sharing these with us my dear!! Hope you are keeping well and not murmuring the DJ talent song, LOL!!

Seeker said...

Sounds interesting... I so wish I could go...

xoxo

Delicious Industries said...

Don't think I can make any of these, but thanks for the heads-up, I had no idea they ran free talks etc...

Hope studying is still going well :) Jx

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

I think I might try for the Fashion & Celebrity one...XX